Lombardi's Restaurant Tiramisu
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 ounces granulated sugar
- 8 ounces Mascarpone cheese (a light, mild Italian cheese) *
- 1 cup strong cold espresso coffee
- 1/2 ounce Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur)
- 1/2 ounce Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- 6 half ladyfingers
* If unavailable, substitute 4 ounces cream cheese and 4 ounces whipped cream.
- Place half a ladyfinger in each of 6 (8-ounce) glass serving dishes.
- Prepare espresso so it has time to cool. Place in refrigerator.
- Combine egg yolk and sugar in 2-quart mixing bowl and mix until creamy.
- Add chilled espresso.
- Add mascarpone cheese, which is best mixed at room temperature.
- Add both liqueurs and mix well.
- Divide mixture evenly into 6 prepared glasses with ladyfingers.
Place immediately into refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
- If cream cheese and whipped cream replace the Mascarpone cheese, proceed the same
with egg yolks and sugar.
- In separate bowl, whip the heavy cream. Have cream cheese at room temperature.
- Add Espresso to egg yolk and sugar.
- Add cream cheese and mix well. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Add the liquors, then divide mixture into glasses.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle with a little freeze-dried coffee or cocoa powder.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint or mocha bean and serve with an After Eight dinner mint.
Source: Lombardi's Restaurant, Dallas, Texas
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes