Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon
Black Bean Soup
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped pickled jalapeno slices
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider or wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 teaspoons chopped red onions
- 6 to 8 jalapeno slices
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Pour the canned beans, along with the liquid, into a medium saucepan.
- Add the remaining soup ingredients and mix.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for
about 1 hour, adding water if necessary or until it's as thick as you like.
- Serve each bowl of soup with a garnish of red onion, jalapeno slices and sour
cream arranged carefully in the center of soup.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 12/16/2001 9:46 am.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes