Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 1 large stewing hen
- 6 cups water
- 2 cans mixed vegetables, minus liquid from one can
- 4 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1 small jar pickled pearl onions
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 Pillsbury pie crusts, per package directions
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Kitchen Bouquet browning sauce
- Cook chicken, in water, for about 4-5 hours. Turn often and keep covered.
- Skim fat as needed but don't remove all fat. Transfer chicken to a plate to cool,
Keep broth simmering on low.
- Add two small cans of mixed vegetables, minus the liquid
from one can.
- When chicken is cool, tear into small bites and add to broth.
- Add chicken bouillon, poultry seasoning, sage, pearl onions, pepper and salt.
- Bake two Pillsbury pie crusts according to package directions and let cool. Set aside.
- In a shaker jar, mix flour, corn starch and milk. Shake until smooth. Add slowly
to the broth, stirring constantly.
- Add Kitchen Bouquet and stir until smooth, adding
more milk if necessary.
- Pour into bowls over the top of crumbled pie crust. Add
a bit more crust on top.
This makes about 4 quarts of soup, which can be frozen. Defrost and bake pie
crust at the time of serving.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 2/6/2002 6:43 am.