Long John Silver's Batter
- 2/3 cup club soda
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Bisquick
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- Beat all ingredients together until smooth; let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat oil to 385 degrees F.
- In small bowl put 1/2 cup club soda, in another 1/2 cup self-rising flour.
- Dip fish first into soda, then into flour.
- Set fish on cookie sheet till all the fish has been coated; let dry a few minutes.
- Dip fish in batter, let excess drip off; and deep fry 3 or 4 minutes per side.
Shrimp can be done the same way if peeled and deveined first.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine May 23, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes