Long John Silver's Batter
- 2/3 cup club soda
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Bisquick
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- Beat all ingredients together until smooth; let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat oil to 385 degrees F.
- In small bowl put 1/2 cup club soda, in another 1/2 cup self-rising flour.
- Dip fish first into soda, then into flour.
- Set fish on cookie sheet till all the fish has been coated; let dry a few minutes.
- Dip fish in batter, let excess drip off; and deep fry 3 or 4 minutes per side.
Shrimp can be done the same way if peeled and deveined first.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine May 23, 2001.