Los Caballeros Ranch Stuffed Chile Peppers
This is served at the Los Caballeros Ranch in Wickenburg, Arizona. Hopalong Cassidy
visited this ranch in the 1950s. He rode in a black Cadillac convertible with leopard
upholstery and a silver horse hood ornament.
- 8 mild (Anaheim) chile peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 to 4 ounces shredded cooked chicken
- 4 ounces dry bread crumbs
- 4 ounces chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 8 ounces diced green chiles
- Egg wash (for breading)
- Cracker meal (for breading)
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Blanch peppers in boiling water for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Slit peppers lengthwise and remove seeds; drain on rack and cool.
- Combine cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, chicken, bread crumbs, scallions, cilantro
and diced chiles, mixing well.
- Fill peppers with mixture and push each together
to close. Chill 1 hour.
- Dip in egg wash (egg white mixed with a little water), then cracker meal.
- Fry in hot oil (350 degrees F) for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Place in an oven heated to 325 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Serve with guacamole, sour cream and salsa.
Yield: 4 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes