Los Domingos Tortilla Soup
- 10 pounds boneless, skinless chicken
- 4 or 5 fresh tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 dried Guajillo chiles
- 1 cup chicken base
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- Tortilla chips
- Cilantro, as garnish
- Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Avocado slices
- Boil chicken, tomatoes, onion and chiles in enough water to cover.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove and refrigerate for future use. Strain water
- Place tomatoes, onions and chiles in blender.
- Stir the peppers and onions into the water.
- Add chicken base and garlic powder. Boil it up again. Add salt if needed.
- Pour into serving bowls.
- Top each serving with tortilla chips, a few sprigs of cilantro, shredded Monterey
jack cheese and avocado slices.
Source: Los Domingos - Hesperia and Pinon Hills, California
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes