Los Sombreros Fresh Corn Tamales
- 1 1/2 pounds masa
- 1/2 pound lard
- 2 cups fresh corn
- 1 cup jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup poblano chiles, roasted, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 16 cornhusks, soaked in warm water
- In a mixing bowl, beat together lard, salt, sugar and baking powder until light
- Little by little, add the masa. So the dough doesn't get too thick,
add a little milk while adding the masa. When all the masa has been added, continue
mixing for 2 minutes or until no chunks of masa are in the dough.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix with a spoon.
- Shake excess water from cornhusks.
- Divide dough evenly among cornhusks.
- Roll husks closed, then fold up bottoms or use a strip of husk
to tie the ends of the husks closed.
- Steam 1 hour before serving.
Source: Chef Jeff Smedstad - Los Sombreros, Phoenix, Arizona - azfamily.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes