Louise's Italian Cafe Grilled Chicken Calzone
- 1 (10 ounce) package refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 6 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (scant 1/2 cup)
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 5 ounces grilled chicken breast (1 boneless, skinless chicken breast half), cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan/Romano mixture
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Parsley sprigs for garnish
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Unroll pizza dough and place on greased baking sheet.
- Layer pesto, cheeses, sun-dried tomatoes and chicken breast pieces in middle
of dough. Lift one edge of dough and stretch over the filling to form a half-moon.
Seal edges by pressing with tines of fork or pizza wheel, and make a fluted edge
around the seal.
- Prick top with fork to allow steam to escape.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with parsley.
Yield: 2 to 3 servings
Source: Louise's Italian Cafe, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes