Lovers Key Beach Club and Resort
Cherry Crisp Coffee Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 100% bran cereal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry filling and topping
- confectioners' sugar glaze, optional
- Mint sprig, for garnish
Almond Bran Topping
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup 100% bran cereal
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons softened margarine
- Cake: In medium bowl, combine flour, bran, baking powder and cinnamon; set aside.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer at high speed, beat margarine and sugar until
- Blend in eggs and milk.
- Stir in flour mixture until smooth (batter will be thick).
- Spread batter in greased 9-inch springform pan; spoon cherry filling over batter.
- Sprinkle with almond bran topping.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center tests done (filling will stick to wooden pick).
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 25 minutes.
- Remove outside ring of pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Drizzle with confectioner's sugar glaze; garnish with mint sprig if desired.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
- Almond Bran Topping: Mix almonds, bran cereal, sugar, and margarine until crumbly.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 6:23:41am 4/26/03.
Source: Lovers Key Beach Club & Resort, Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes