Lovers Key Beach Club and Resort
Cherry Spice Bars
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons milk
- Bars: Drain maraschino cherries; discard juice or save for another use. Cut cherries in half.
- Combine dry cake mix, melted butter, brown sugar, water and eggs in a large
mixing bowl; mix with a spoon or electric mixer until well combined and smooth.
- Stir in maraschino cherries.
- Spread batter into a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until top springs
back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan on wire rack.
- Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice.
- Add enough milk to make a thick glaze.
- Drizzle glaze over cake. Allow glaze to set.
- Cut into bars.
- Store, up to one week, in an airtight container with sheets of wax paper between
each layer of bars.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 6:35:29 am 5/26/03.
Source: Lovers Key Beach Club & Resort, Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes