Lovers Key Beach Club and Resort
Dreamy Hot Fudge Cake
- 1 cup plus 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- Mix 1 cup brown sugar, flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt together
in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in milk, margarine and vanilla extract.
- Spread over bottom of slow cooker.
- In another bowl, mix together the remaining 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa.
Sprinkle evenly over the first mixture. DO NOT STIR.
- Pour in boiling water. DO NOT STIR.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours until wooden pick inserted comes out
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 8:16:20am 2/5/03.
Source: Ray & Kathy, Lovers Key Beach Club & Resort Fort Myers Beach,