Lovers Key Beach Club and Resort
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup pureed strawberries
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (10-inch) baked tart shell
- 2 pints strawberries, sliced
Prepare the day of service.
- Make a glaze for the pie by combining sugar and cornstarch.
- Blend in water and pureed strawberries. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Strain mixture and cool at room temperature.
- Mix cream cheese, orange zest, orange juice and powdered sugar until creamy.
- Spread mixture in prepared 10-inch tart shell, top with sliced berries and brush with glaze.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 6:33:12am 5/26/03.
Source: Lovers Key Beach Club & Resort, Fort Myers Beach, Florida