Luby's Baked Meatloaf
- 2 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 3 extra-large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup prepared Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup finely ground cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic, granulated or powdered
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a shallow, large baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well.
- In baking pan, firmly shape meat mixture into a 7 x 3 1/2 x 3 1/2-inch loaf.
Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake 1 hour (until temperature of 155 degrees F is reached on a meat thermometer
inserted into center of meatloaf).
- Remove foil and brown for an additional 5 minutes.
Yield: 8 servings
Each serving 560 calories (59.9 percent calories from fat), 36 g fat, 230
mg cholesterol, 870 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 43 g protein
Source: Luby's 50th Anniversary Cookbook
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes