Luby's Chicken Durango
This is a tasty way to prepare chicken.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups plain bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup tartar sauce (Hellmann's was used)
- 4 pieces thinly sliced lean ham
- 4 pieces processed Swiss cheese
- Pound chicken breasts until they are 1/2 inch thick.
- Mix seasoned salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper with plain breadcrumbs, set aside.
- Dust chicken with breadcrumbs, dip into milk, then dip chicken breast back into seasoned
- Place chicken in heated fry pan with just enough vegetable oil to
cover bottom of pan.
- Fry breasts on medium heat until golden brown.
- Remove chicken breasts and place on serving tray.
- Spread breasts with 1 1/2 tablespoons tartar sauce.
- Place ham on chicken.
- Top ham with a slice of the Swiss cheese.
- Place Chicken Durango in oven or microwave just long enough to heat and melt
- Serve with your favorite salad or side vegetable.
Serving size: 4