Luby's Cafeteria Italian Chicken Breast
- 1 pound (4 cups) grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (0.7 ounce) package dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Vegetable oil
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped parsley
- In a medium-size bowl, combine mozzarella, 2 cups flour, parsley flakes, Parmesan
and dressing mix; blend well.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together milk and eggs until well blended.
- Place remaining flour in another shallow bowl. Coat chicken with flour, shaking
off excess; dip into milk mixture, then into cheese mixture, coating evenly and
pressing into chicken.
- Heat about 1/8 inch oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Garnish with cheese and parsley.
Makes 8 servings.
Source: Houston Chronicle