Luby's Lemon Sour Cream Cake
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup solid all-vegetable shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 extra-large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3 cups flour sifted with 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cake: In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, then add sour cream and milk, mixing until smooth.
- Blend flour mixture into batter with a rubber spatula.
- Stir in the extracts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes or
until a tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in the pan 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from pan and cool on a rack.
- Drizzle with Lemon Sauce to serve.
- Lemon Sauce: In a medium-size bowl, whisk together sugar, butter and lemon juice
Source: Luby's Cafeteria in Texas
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes