Luby's Mac 'n' Cheese
- 2 cups dry elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 12 ounces (3 cups) grated American cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the macaroni as per package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry milk, flour and butter.
- Gradually add boiling water, beating constantly.
- Add 1 1/2 cups cheese and continue beating until smooth and creamy.
- Add the macaroni to cheese mixture along with 1 cups of the remaining cheese
- Pour into lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and continue baking 1
minute, or until cheese melts.
This is a clone recipe.