Luby's Cafeteria Spanish Indian Baked Corn
- 1/4 pound bacon, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 pound butter plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can cream-style corn
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 cups corn bread muffins, 1 crumbled and divided
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp.
- Add the onion, celery and bell pepper.
- Sauté for 2 minutes until low heat. Set aside.
- In a medium size pan, melt the 1/4 pound of butter.
- Add the milk, corn, jalapenos, pimentos, salt and sugar.
- Heat the mixture over low heat.
- Add the bacon/vegetable mixture and 1 cup of the corn bread muffin crumbs to the corn mixture.
- Heat well, stirring frequently.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8-inch square x 1 1/2-inch deep pan.
- Moisten the remaining corn bread muffin crumbs with the remaining butter and sprinkle on top of the corn mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven until the crumbs are light brown.
Yield: 8 servings
Source: Luby's Cafeteria, Pasadena, Texas
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes