Luby's Tortilla Soup
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 1 1/2 (12 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 3/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1 1/2 (12 ounce) cans cream style corn
- 3 1/2 cups shredded American cheese
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup cool water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- Tortilla chips
- Bring broth to a boil in a large pot.
- Crush tomatoes by hand and add with juice to broth.
- Add cumin, garlic, salt, pepper, corn, and cheese. Bring to a boil again.
- Dissolve cornstarch in cup of cool water in small bowl. Add to boiling soup slowly
while stirring constantly. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- While soup simmers, sauté ground beef in skillet with chopped onion.
- Drain off any grease.
- Turn soup off, and add cooked beef mixture.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded Cheddar cheese and tortilla chips.
Source: Houston Chronicle
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes