Luchow's German Potato Salad
- 1 pound (3 medium) potatoes
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 medium size onion, diced
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup stock or bouillon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Scrub potatoes; rinse. Boil in jackets; let cool.
- Peel and cut in 1/4-inch slices.
- Cook bacon in hot pan until crisp.
- Add onion; stir and cook until transparent.
- Add vinegar, stock or bouillon, and seasonings. Stir; let come to a boil.
- Stir in egg; remove from heat and pour over potatoes.
Source: The Luchow book published in 1952
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes