Lunchbox Restaurant Egg Custard Pie
The Lunchbox Restaurant's newsletter for April-May shares this recipe for
egg custard pie.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pastry shell
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- Bake pastry shell at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt. Beat until blended.
- Gradually stir in milk; mix well. Pour filling into pastry shell.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake
for 35 more minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.
- Store in refrigerator.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 7/1/01 8:59:51 pm.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes