Lunt Avenue Marble Club Deep
Fried Zucchini with Creamy Garlic Dip
- 1 or 2 fresh zucchinis, thinly sliced in circles (don't peel)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 to 2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs (Italian is the operative word here)
- Shortening (for deep-frying )
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup real mayonnaise (no pretenders)
- 1 package ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced *
* Either with a garlic press, which will run you about a fin, or by chopping
up finely and smooshing with a knife, which will make your hands stink at least
for the rest of the day. However, you can get rid of the odor, by rubbing your hands
over a stainless steel sink or spoon.
- Zucchini: Coat zucchini slices with flour.
- Dip into beaten egg, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Deep-fry at 375 degrees F until golden.
- Serve immediately with Creamy Garlic Dip.
- Garlic Dip: Combine ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate to blend flavors.
Flavor gets stronger as it sits, up to three weeks.
Makes 2 to 4 servings
Source: the old Lunt Avenue Marble Club, Tempe, Arizona
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes