Macaroni Grill Focaccia
- 9 tablespoons olive oil, divided use
- 3 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsifted semolina flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons
quick-rising dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups hot milk (between 120 to 130 degrees F)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- Pour a scant tablespoon of the olive oil into a 9-inch square cake pan; spread
evenly to cover bottom and sides.
- Place all-purpose flour, semolina flour, 2 tablespoons
of the olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and all of the yeast in the bowl of a
mixer fitted with a dough hook. (The mixing can be done by hand as well.) Blend
ingredients on medium speed.
- Reduce speed to low and slowly add hot milk. Raise
the speed to medium and continue mixing for 5 minutes (knead about 8 to 10 minutes
- Sprinkle bottom of cake pan with a little flour.
- Remove dough from bowl and spread
out evenly in pan. Cover with a towel and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove towel.
- Brush dough with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
top with additional salt and rosemary.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with remaining oil.
Yields 6 to 8 servings.
Source: San Antonio Express Newspaper