Macaroni Grill Scaloppine di Pollo
Lemon Butter Sauce
- 4 ounces lemon juice
- 2 ounces white wine
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 1 pound butter
Chicken and Pasta
- 8 (3 ounce) chicken breasts, pounded thin
- oil and butter for sauteing chicken
- 3/4 cup flour, seasoned with salt and pepper, for dredging
- 6 ounces pancetta, cooked
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 12 ounces artichoke hearts, sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 pound capellini pasta, cooked
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Sauce: Heat the lemon juice and white wine in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring
to a boil and reduce by one-third.
- Add cream and simmer until mixture thickens (3 to 4 minutes).
- Slowly add butter until completely incorporated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Chicken and Pasta: Cook pasta and drain.
- Heat a small amount of oil and two tablespoons butter in a large skillet.
- Dredge chicken in flour and sauté in pan, turning once,
until brown and cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan and add to pan remaining
ingredients. Heat until mushrooms soften and are cooked; add chicken back to pan.
- To serve: Place cooked pasta on each plate.
- Add half of butter sauce to chicken
mixture and toss. Taste and adjust, adding more sauce if needed.
- Place chicken mixture over pasta.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Alternately, mix pasta and chicken mixture together.
Toss with butter sauce.