Macayo's Baja Sauce
- 1/4 red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 large jalapeno, chopped in half
- 2 tablespoons diced Spanish onions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash cumin
- Puree peppers and onion in a food processor or blender.
- Mix the mayonnaise and 4 teaspoons of the vegetable puree in a medium bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Refrigerate for several hours to allow the flavors to blend nicely.
- Use remaining puree in your favorite salsa or as an additional topping.
gretaesch at Recipe Goldmine 7:18:06am 7/22/03.