Macayo's Chicken Fajita Quesadilla
- 1 (14-inch) flour tortilla
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup cooked Anaheim chile, julienned
- 1/2 cup Monterrey
jack and cheddar cheese, shredded
- Toast tortilla on grill until warmed but still soft; cover one side with above
ingredients in order given.
- Fold over in center and place back on grill, toasting
carefully on low heat until warmed through and cheese is melted.
- Serve on a heated plate with 1/4 cup each sour cream, refried beans, guacamole
and Spanish rice, accompanied by salsa.
Makes 1 serving (2 or 3 as an appetizer).
Source: Chef Reed Johnson, Macayo's, Phoenix, Arizona