Macayo's Combo Fajitas
- 4 ounces chicken breast
- 4 ounces beefsteak
- 4 ounces shrimp, peeled
- 4 ounces onion
- 4 ounces canned, whole green chiles
- 1 ounce corn oil
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 6-inch flour tortillas
- Cut chicken, beef, onions and chiles into strips.
- Heat all but 1 tablespoon oil in a heavy skillet (preferably cast-iron).
- Cook chicken strips for about 7 minutes, stirring often.
- Add beef strips and continue cooking for another 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook for another 2 minutes, or until the shrimp is bright pink and opaque.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining tablespoon of oil in a second skillet.
- Cook onion and chiles in the second skillet until the onions are soft and golden.
- Add the cooked chicken, beef and shrimp to the skillet with the onions and chiles.
- Bring the skillet to the table and add the melted butter just before serving, to provide sizzle.
- Serve with warm tortillas.
Chef: Reed Johnson, Macayo's