Mad Hatters Spinach Chicken Salad
- 1 pound cooked white meat chicken, cubed
- 1 1/2 pounds chopped frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 (1.4 ounce) box Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Add chicken to the bowl of a food processor; pulse 5 to 6 times to chop.
- Place thawed spinach in a sieve. Press, drain, squeeze and extract most of the moisture
from the spinach. It should be "wet to the touch and dry to the eyes,"
says Chef Guerrero.
- Put spinach and Knorr soup mix in a large mixing bowl. Mix well with "sanitized"
hands. Make sure there is no visible soup mix powder; it should be absorbed completely
into the spinach.
- Add the chopped chicken meat and mayonnaise to the spinach mixture
and incorporate thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours to allow
the dehydrated vegetables to soften and for the flavors to meld. The mixture will
keep in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- Serve on sourdough bread with alfalfa sprouts and tomato.
Makes about 5 cups filling.
Source: Mad Hatters Tea - San Antonio, Texas by way of San Antonio Express-News