Mader's 5 Star Goulash
- 2 pounds lean round beef, cubed
- 2 ounces oil
- 2 pounds onions, sliced
- 1 quart beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Hungarian paprika
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- Brown meat, add oil, onions, and bay leaf and continue cooking. Add beef stock,
paprika and tomato puree. Gently simmer for 1 hour.
- Make a lemon paste by putting lemon zest on top of garlic and caraway seed on
top of that and chop with a knife to combine flavors. Add to stock and simmer for 2 hours.
- Serve over wide noodles.
Posted by artsycook at recipegoldmine.com.
Source: Mader's, 5 Star restaurant in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.