Mader's 5 Star Goulash
- 2 pounds lean round beef, cubed
- 2 ounces oil
- 2 pounds onions, sliced
- 1 quart beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Hungarian paprika
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- Brown meat, add oil, onions, and bay leaf and continue cooking. Add beef stock,
paprika and tomato puree. Gently simmer for 1 hour.
- Make a lemon paste by putting lemon zest on top of garlic and caraway seed on
top of that and chop with a knife to combine flavors. Add to stock and simmer for 2 hours.
- Serve over wide noodles.
Posted by artsycook at recipegoldmine.com.
Source: Mader's, 5 Star restaurant in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes