- 4 to 5 russet potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups flour (divided)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated onion
- Stuffing croutons (do not use seasoned croutons)
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender; drain and cool.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, peel and grate potatoes. Add 1 cup flour, egg, salt, pepper and
onion; mix until smooth.
- Add additional flour gradually to form dumpling mixture
that will hold together. Form into balls the size of an egg. Insert 2 to 3 croutons
into each dumpling, then again form into a ball.
- When ready to cook, drop dumplings
into gently boiling salted water and cook 8 to 10 minutes. Dumplings are done when
they turn and float to top and are no longer gummy inside.
Source: Mader's German Restaurant — Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes