Maggiano's Little Italy Dolce
Baci "Sweet Kiss" Torte
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 13 ounces butter
- 8 ounces hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- 13 1/2 ounces egg yolks
- 9 ounces egg whites
- 1 cup super fine sugar
- Parchment paper
- Pan coating (as needed)
To Assemble Dolce Baci Torte (per plate)
- 1 Dolce Baci Torte
- 2 ounces hot fudge
- 1 dollop fresh whipped cream
- 3 small white chocolate hearts
- 1 large dark chocolate heart
- 1 small dark chocolate heart
- Powdered sugar
- Small strawberries, sliced into 4 slices
- Torte: Coat springform pan with pan coating and place a parchment circle on bottom
- Melt chocolates and butter in bowl over low simmering water. Once melted,
set aside to cool slightly.
- Toast hazelnuts in a 350 degree F oven with fan for 15 minutes until golden brown.
Let cool then rough chop in food processor. Mix into chocolate butter mixture.
- In small mixer with whip attachment, whip yolks with 1 cup of sugar until very
thick and pale (about 5 minutes). Fold into chocolate nut mixture, transfer to another
- In clean small mixer with whip attachment, whip egg whites with remaining super
fine sugar until stiff (but not dry) until peaks form. Fold egg whites into chocolate/yolk
mixture to lighten. Then fold in remaining whites until completely incorporated.
- Pour into 10-inch springform pans that have been lined with paper and sprayed
with pan coating.
- Bake in 325 degrees F oven with no fan for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and
30 minutes until cake edges crack slightly and cake is well risen and wooden skewer
comes out moist-crumb.
- Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes and then loosen sides of spring form and remove to
cool completely. Store at room temperature.
- To Assemble: Cut 10-inch cake into 10 servings. Place one slice in middle of
dessert plate. Place dollop of whipped cream on top of cake with spoon. Pour hot
fudge over top of cake to form 2 pools on either side of cake. Place sliced strawberries
on right pool to appear as if cascading down from whipped cream.
- Place small white chocolate heart and large dark chocolate heart in whipped cream
and one small dark chocolate heart and 2 small white chocolate hearts on strawberries.
Dust cake and entire center of plate lightly with powdered sugar.
Source: Prepared by Maggiano's Little Italy to benefit the American Heart
Association, Valentines Day 2001 - Maggiano's Little Italy, 516 North Clark
Street, Chicago, Illinois - Francie Copeland, Pastry Chef at Maggiano's appeared
on NBC 5 news on Saturday, February 3, 2001
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes