Maggiano's Little Italy Italian Beef Sandwich
- 1 (3 x 24-inch) loaf French baguette bread
- 1 1/2 pounds roast beef, thinly sliced
- 1 whole onion, thinly sliced
- 1 whole red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 whole pepperoncini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 quarts water
- 6 cubes beef bouillon
- 2 whole pepperoncini
- Dissolve the bouillon cubes in water, bring to a simmer.
- Add the pepperoncini, simmer 5 minutes and place in a chafing dish or keep hot.
- Quick-sauté the mushrooms, onions, peppers and pepperoncini. Set aside.
- Split open the bread.
- Place the sliced roast beef in the broth and stir to heat.
- Remove meat from broth with tongs and place in the baguette.
- Top with the mushroom, onion, peppers, pepperoncini and grated mozzarella cheese.
GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 9:21:32am 5/12/03.
Source: nbc5.com - courtesy Maggiano's Little Italy