Maggiano's Little Italy Italian
Trifle with Seasonal Fruit
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cubed pineapple
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup orange segments (from 6 oranges)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 3/4 ounces superfine sugar
- 1 loaf pound cake
- 6 mint sprigs
- Pastry Cream: In a stainless steel pot, scald milk by heating until skin forms
- Meanwhile, whisk together yolks and sugar well.
- Add cornstarch and whisk.
- Once milk is scalded, slowly pour into egg mixture while whisking. Once incorporated,
pour back into pot and put over low heat while whisking. Cook mixture just until
it gets thick and comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat immediately and pour into metal bowl.
- Whisk vanilla extract and cover directly with plastic wrap.
- Let cool for several hours or overnight.
- In a small mixer, whip cream and sugar until stiff. Fold into cooled pastry cream
- Assembly: Mix all fruit together in a bowl.
- In a sundae glass, place one cake
cube on the bottom. Top with two ounces of cream mixture. Top with two ounces of
fruit plus place for more cubes of cake on top of cream mixture and press slightly.
Top with three ounces of cream mixture and then cover with plastic wrap.
- Reserve remainder of fruit as a garnish.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 3/6/2002 8:23 am.
Source: WXIA 11, Atlanta - Air date: 12/31/98 - 11alive.com - Maggiano's
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes