Mai Lee Stir-Fry Vegetables in Sate Sauce
Yield: 2 to 3 servings
- 1/2 small onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cabbage (about 1/8 small head)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced lemon grass
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sate sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup bamboo shoots
- 1/4 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 8 to 10 snow peas, strings removed
- Tops of 2 green onions, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- Bring water to a boil in medium saucepan. Add onion, carrot, cabbage, broccoli and bell pepper. Cook until vegetables begin to soften, about 4 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Heat wok or stir-fry pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and garlic; cook until garlic begins to brown.
- Add lemon grass.
- Stir in soy sauce and sate sauce.
- Add sugar; mix well.
- Add cooked vegetables, then mushrooms, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, snow peas and green onions.
- Stir-fry for 1 1/2 to 3 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Serve immediately.
Source: Mai Lee Restaurant - University City, Missouri