Maison Jardin's Carrots Duchesse
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pound carrots, peeled
- 1 1/2 fairly large potatoes, peeled
- 2 unbeaten egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown sugar and honey to taste (optional)
- Steam carrots and potatoes until soft and tender.
- Cut potatoes into cubes and process carrots in the work bowl of a food processor or blender.
- Fold in egg whites. Stir in nutmeg, salt and pepper, and, if desired, brown sugar and honey to taste.
- Spoon mixture into a pastry bag and pipe into decorative mounds onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Or, spoon evenly into 6 greased ramekin or muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
Per serving using 1/4 cup honey: Calories110; Fat 0 g; Carbohydrate26 g; Fiber 3 g; Sodium 243 mg; Protein 3 g
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 7/9/01 6:16:40 am.
Source: orlandosentinel.com - Published May 24, 2001