Marshall Field Frango Mint Chocolate Brownies
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped Frango mint chocolates or substitute your favorite Frango chocolate flavors
- Melt chocolate squares and butter. Cool.
- Beat eggs until thick and lemon–colored. Gradually add sugar, beating thoroughly until batter is smooth and light.
- Stir in the melted chocolate and butter mixture.
- Add vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Blend in flour and salt. Fold in nuts and Frango mint chocolates.
- Pour batter into a greased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes, until top is shiny and a crust has formed. Avoid over-baking — brownies should be fudge-like.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into squares.