Marshall Field Frango Mint
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: approximately 8 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup grated (or very finely chopped) Frango mint chocolates
- 2 1/4 cups flour, unsifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 1/2 cups chopped (about 1/4 pound) Frango mint chocolates
- Cream butter, shortening and sugars until light.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract and grated Frango mint chocolates. Beat until creamy and well blended.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Add sifted ingredients to beaten egg mixture, blending carefully. Beat about 20 seconds.
- Fold in chopped nuts and chopped Frango mint chocolates, blending well. Beat for 30 seconds.
- Drop heaping teaspoons of cookie dough onto greased cookie sheets, allowing at least one-inch space between
- Bake in preheated 375 degrees F oven for 8 to 11 minutes.
- Remove cookies from cookie sheets and allow to cool on rack.