Mason Jar Mesquite Chicken
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, flattened
- 1 large can pineapple chunks
- 1 jar broiled mushroom pieces or fresh mushrooms sliced and sauteed in butter
- 1 pound deli sliced honey ham
- 4 thick slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 ounces mesquite cooking sauce and marinade
- In a large skillet pour in the jar of pineapples with juices and add chicken breasts. Cook over medium high heat until the breasts are no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove meat from skillet and discard juices.
- Arrange breasts in a large casserole.
- Pour mesquite marinade over all the breasts.
- Evenly divide first mushrooms and then ham onto the top of each breast.
- Top each breast with a thick slice of Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. (You can also do this step in the microwave. It takes about 2 minutes on HIGH.)