Max & Erma's Strawberries Outrageous
- 6 ounces whipped cream cheese (not fat free), softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup strawberry glaze (available in most grocery stores)
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 4 waffle bowls (available at most grocery stores)
- 1 can aerosol whipped cream
- Place cream cheese in mixing bowl and mix on low speed until smooth.
- Add confectioners' sugar, heavy cream and vanilla extract. Mix on low until combined.
- Increase speed to medium and continue to whip until mixture is thick and has stiff peaks. Keep filling covered and refrigerated until ready to use.
- Remove stems from strawberries and rinse strawberries. Save 4 "perfect" strawberries for garnish. Slice remaining strawberries into halves or quarters depending on size. Mix strawberries with glaze until coated. Do not refrigerate.
- Place waffle bowl on a dessert plate. (A small dab of filling underneath will keep the bowl from sliding when served.
- Fill waffle bowl with 1/2 cup cream cheese filling.
- Top with 1 cup of fresh strawberry mix.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a whole strawberry.
- Serve immediately.