Max & Erma's Tuscan Chicken
- 4 (8 ounce) fresh chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces medium mushrooms, quartered
- 1 (8 ounce) can artichokes, drained and quartered
- 4 ounces onion, cut into thin strips
- 4 teaspoons fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup white wine
- 12 ounces Roma tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 2 ounces whole butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 baked potatoes
- 4 large sprigs Italian parsley (for garnish)
- Bake potatoes to serve with chicken.
- Heat a broiler or charcoal grill to cook chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine chicken breasts, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper. Stir to coat the chicken breasts.
- Wash and quarter mushrooms.
- Peel and cut onions into thin strips.
- Chop garlic, wash and quarter Roma tomatoes lengthwise.
- Drain artichokes and measure out remaining ingredients.
- Place chicken breasts in broiler or on grill and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare the topping for chicken in a large sauté pan. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil until it is hot add the onion and garlic and saute until softened. Add the mushrooms and artichokes 2 teaspoons of black pepper, Italian seasoning and salt and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn the chicken breasts over to complete cooking on grill or broiler. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the chicken and the temperature of the grill or broilers. Be sure that the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Add your favorite white wine to mushrooms and artichokes and reduce by 1/2 volume. Toss in Roma tomatoes and heat just until warm.
- Just before serving, toss in the whole butter until it is just melted.
- Place the chicken breasts on a platter or dinner plate and top with sauté pan of Tuscan vegetables. Serve with a baked potato, garnished with a nice large sprig of Italian parsley.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 6/7/02 6:48:18 am.
Source: WTTE-28 Columbus, Ohio www.wtte28.com