McDonald's Egg McMuffin
- 1 English muffin
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 slice Canadian bacon
- 1 slice fat-free American cheese
- Split the English muffin and toast it or grill the faces until brown in a hot pan set over medium heat. Keep the pan hot.
- Find a shallow can - such as an 8 ounce sliced pineapple can - that has the same diameter as the English muffin. Cut off both ends of the can and thoroughly clean it. Spray a coating of nonstick spray on the inside of the can, and place it into the hot pan so that it heats up. When the can is hot, spray more nonstick spray over the surface of the pan, and pour the egg substitute into the can. Salt the egg. Place the slice of Canadian bacon into the same pan to heat up while the egg cooks. When the egg seems to be firming upon top, use a knife to scrape around the edge of the can to help release the egg. Carefully pull the can off the egg, then flip the egg over and cook it for an additional minute or so.
- Build the sandwich by first placing the slice of American cheese on the bottom half of the English muffin. Place the egg on top of the cheese. Stack the Canadian bacon on the egg. Top the sandwich off with the top half of the English muffin.
- Microwave the sandwich for 10 to 15 seconds until warm, and serve immediately.