McGill's Restaurant Almond-Pecan Rainbow
Trout with Mandarin Orange Beurre Blanc
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 rainbow trout (dressed)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1/4 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/2 teaspoon orange juice concentrate
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier
- 1/4 pound butter
- Mix egg with milk, then in a separate bowl mix pecans, almonds, and bread crumbs.
- Dredge each trout in flour the milk mixture, and then the pecan breading.
- Heat a 12 inch skillet over medium high heat and heat olive oil then add trout and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes then turn and cook other side for 2 to 3 minutes then remove from pan and place on serving platter.
- Drain off grease from pan and add Grand Marnier and flambe.
- Add orange juice concentrate, orange slices and heat until just boiling then add butter cubes a little at a time until incorporated then remove from heat and pour sauce over trout and serve.
Source: McGill's Restaurant - Tulsa, Oklahoma