Melange Cafe Louisiana Dirty Rice and Clams
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons soy oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chicken livers
- 1/2 cup sliced andouille sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 24 littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 4 cups cooked long grain white rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Joe's Cajun Seasoning or your favorite Cajun spice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken livers, sausage, green pepper and onion. Sauté about 10 minutes or until chicken livers are good and dirty, meaning brown with bits and pieces stuck on the bottom of the pan.
- Add clams, rice, chicken stock, seasoning and garlic. Simmer until all moisture is absorbed and clams are open, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve in a large casserole bowl with rice on the bottom and clams piled on top.
Per 12 1/2 ounce serving: 330 calories; 150 calories from fat; 18g protein; 27g carbs; 2g sugar; 17g total fat; 4.5g saturated fat; 100mg cholesterol; 1g dietary fiber; 310mg sodium
% Daily Values calcium; 40% Daily Values iron
Source: Joe Brown's Melange Café, Cherry Hill, New Jersey.