Mi Tierra Tex-Mex Chile con Queso
Many San Antonio restaurants serve this with multicolored tortilla chips.
- 1 cup grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Velveeta, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons diced tomato
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 10 1/2 ounces homemade or top-quality store bought Tortilla Chips
- Put cheddar and Velveeta into a medium pot set over another pot of simmering
water over medium heat and heat until cheese mixture is nearly melted.
- Add cream and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until cheese mixture is hot and smooth -
- Transfer melted cheese mixture to a serving dish and sprinkle onions, tomatoes
and jalapenos on top.
- Serve immediately with chips.
The Mi Tierra restaurant is in San Antonio, Texas.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.