Mi Tierra Tex-Mex Chile con Queso
Many San Antonio restaurants serve this with multicolored tortilla chips.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup grated extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Velveeta, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons diced tomato
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 10 1/2 ounces homemade or top-quality store bought Tortilla Chips
- Put Cheddar and Velveeta into a medium pot set over another pot of simmering water over medium heat and heat until cheese mixture is nearly melted.
- Add cream and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until cheese mixture is hot and smooth - 35 minutes.
- Transfer melted cheese mixture to a serving dish and sprinkle onions, tomatoes and jalapenos on top.
- Serve immediately with chips.
The Mi Tierra restaurant is in San Antonio, Texas.