Mike Ditka's "Da Pork Chop"
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons green peppercorns
- 1/2 cup small diced onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 quarts dark beef stock
- 4 (20 ounce) double cut pork chops
- Salt and pepper 2 ounces butter
- 2 cups prepared frozen spaetzle
- 1 cup spinach chiffonade
- Sauté peppercorns, onions, garlic, and chile in olive oil over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add vinegar and Worcestershire and reduce by 1/2.
- Add molasses, tomato paste and beef stock. Simmer for 30 to 45 minutes to reduce by 1/3.
- Let cool and store until needed.
- Season each chop with salt and pepper and grill or broil, until desired oneness.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a sauté pan until it starts to brown.
- Turn down heat to a simmer and add spaetzle and spinach. Cook for a few minutes until the spaetzle is warm.
- Serve with green peppercorn sauce.
Posted by Friend at Recipe Goldmine 9:07:03pm 10/1/03.
Source: foodtv.com - Recipe courtesy Mike Ditka's Restaurant, Chicago, Illinois