Miss Hulling's Potato Pancakes
Yield: 4 servings
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of white pepper
- Peel potatoes; grate or run through fine food chopper.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
- Heat shortening in a skillet (about 1/4-inch deep). Spoon pancake batter into hot shortening. Sauté until brown on one side; turn and brown the other side.
- Drain on paper towel or cloth and serve piping hot with applesauce.
Helpful Hint: Amount of flour will vary with the water content of the potatoes.
Source: Miss Hulling's Restaurant - St. Louis, Missouri