Miss Mary Bobo's Sour Mash Barbecue Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 2 onions, minced
- 3/4 cup whiskey
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsulphured dark molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter and oil over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until golden brown.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients; simmer over low heat, stirring frequently until sauce thickens.
- Brush on meat while sauce is still hot and grill or wait until meat is almost done and brush sauce on for one final flip.
Source: Lynne Tolley - Miss Mary Bobo's, Nashville, Tennessee