Montgomery Inn Style Rib Sauce
- 1 medium onion, grated to mush
- 1 (24 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons grape jelly
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- Sauce: Put onion into blender and grate to mush. Add all ingredients to blender and
blend. Pour into medium saucepan, bring to boil, reduce heat. Simmer covered for
- Ribs: Boil ribs for 1 hour.
- Remove from heat and let stand in water for 30 minutes.
- Put sauce on top side of ribs in grill of broiler.
Cook about 10 minutes.
- Turn ribs over, put more sauce on. Cook about 10 more minutes.
Yield: 1 quart sauce
This sauce can be used on chicken or ribs.
Posted by Darlene at Recipe Goldmine 3/25/2002 9:54 am.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes