Mr. B's Bar & Grill Meatloaf
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 ribs celery, diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 of an 11.5-ounce can V-8 juice (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs (see note)
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Provel cheese
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 1/4 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried sweet basil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch glass baking pan with nonstick
cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place ground beef in a large mixing bowl. Add celery, onion, green bell pepper,
V-8 juice, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, cheeses, black pepper, cumin, onion powder,
basil, oregano and salt.
- Knead mixture until ingredients are well-blended. Shape into a loaf.
- Set loaf into prepared pan. Add water surrounding loaf, enough to reach one-fourth
of the way up the sides of the pan.
- Bake meatloaf for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until done.
Mr. B's uses unseasoned bread crumbs made by grinding up dried pieces
of French or Italian bread. Home cooks who don't own a grinder can make crumbs
from dried bread using a blender or a grater or substitute store bought crumbs.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine - June 4, 2001.
Source: used with permission from Mr. B's Bar & Grill
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes