NBA City Pecan Chicken Tenders
Yield: 20 servings
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 cups tempura flour
- 8 cups buttermilk
- 2 beaten eggs
- 8 cups Japanese breadcrumbs
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white pepper
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 3 ounces ground dry mustard
- 3 ounces apple cider vinegar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 ounces granulated sugar
- Toss chicken in flour. Dip tenders into buttermilk wash, allowing excess to drip off.
- Place tenders in pecan breading, scooping mixture on top and pressing coating lightly on tenders.
- Deep fry until golden.
- For sauce, mix dry mustard with cider vinegar.
- Let rest, covered, at room temperature overnight.
- Combine mustard mixture with 2 beaten eggs and sugar.
- Using a double boiler, cook until sauce thickens.
- Cool before serving with chicken tenders.